Here’s the recipe for the Pumpkin Cheesecake:
3 packages cream cheese (8oz each)
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1 dash ground cloves
2 cups finely crushed ginger snaps
6 tbs melted butter
For the Crust: Mix the ginger snap crumbs and butter. Press onto bottom and sides of 9″ springform pan.
For the Filling:
- Beat cream cheese, 3/4 cup of the sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer until well blended.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended.
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups of the plain batter.
- Stir remaining 1/4 cup sugar, pumpkin and spices into remaining batter.
- Spoon 1/2 of the pumpkin batter over crust; top with spoonfuls of 1/2 of the reserved plain batter.
- Repeat layers. Cut through batters with knife several times for marble effect.
- 325 degrees for 55 minutes or until center is almost set if using a silver pan.
- Or, bake at 300 degrees for 55 minutes if using a dark nonstick pan.
- Let cool completely, then refrigerate for four hours before serving.
Just a few tips….you will want to take out just when the top of the cheesecake has set. It will seem a little jiggly still…that’s okay. Take it out and set it on a cooling rack for a few hours until it is completely cooled. Then, pop it into the refrigerator. I don’t take the springform off until it is cooled. I have learned the hard way!
Last, but not least…make sure your helpers are at your feet:
Oh…and a picture of the finished pumpkin bars:
Enjoy and have a great Thanksgiving….