I am using pinterest more and more to collect recipes and ideas that I see and want to try. Rather than clip something out of a magazine or bookmark it on the computer and never use it, I seem to really use pinterest to keep ideas and actually try them. I saw this recipe for Pizza Monkey Bread (I call it pull apart) a few weeks ago and pinned it. Then, when checking yesterday for just the right appetizer recipe for my niece’s 6th birthday party, I decided on this recipe.
I used the idea from the recipe above and headed to the store. I decided that I didn’t want to make anything from scratch so I set out to get items that were ready to go.
My Shopping List
- 3 Cans Thick Pillsbury Pizza Dough
- 1 Bag of Turkey Pepporoni
- 1 Bag of Mozzarella Cheese Sticks (cut into small chunks)
- 4 Tbs of Butter
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Small Container Pizza Sauce
Supplies You Need
- Pan – I used a bundt pan. You will want a pan that is somewhat deep so that you can stack the rolls.
- Baking Brush (not required but helpful)
So, when I had all the ingredients on the table and my husband saw the bundt pan, he was a bit confused to say the least. He thought a dessert with pizza sauce????
Here’s how you pull it all together…really simple, but allow yourself a good 15 to 20 minutes to get it oven ready.
- Take butter and garlic over medium head and melt until garlic starts to brown.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Take small chunks of pizza dough (a little under a Tbs) and press flat.
- Place a piece of pepperoni and cheese piece in the middle.
- Fold over the dough and roll into a ball. Make sure everything is completely covered in the middle.
- Place in the bottom of your pan and brush the garlic butter sauce on the ball.
- Keep adding to your pan until you have finished all of your dough.
- Cover and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook for 30 to 35 minutes until the top is lightly browned.
- Remove from oven, let sit for 10 minutes.
- Turn your pan over onto your serving dish, add pizza sauce for dipping and you are done!
So, I got too excited and forgot to take a photo of the final product! But, it turned out great and was a hit. It is also very kid friendly. It would also be a fun recipe to try with kids that like to cook. It’s a fun hands on recipe.
Here’s a photo from the website linked above for this recipe…thanks for the assistance in the final photo that I forgot to take. And, yes, it did look something like this.
Check out my pinterest board with all of my pinned recipes for appetizers and entertaining. Hope you have a great Sunday. Hoping for rain here and to get a little sewing in! Wouldn’t that be great!